Asociación de empresarios del Polígono de Sabón-Arteixo
Non-profit business organization grouping, on a voluntary basis to companies located in the Polígono de Sabón. The main objectives of AEPI SABÓN, as they are mentioned in the statutes of the association, are:
- Management, coordination, and defence of the common interests of the associated companies.
- Creation, management, and development of common activities and services.
- Representation and promotion of the common interests of the companies associated in front of all kinds of administrations and public and private institutions.
- Promotion of unity and solidarity among business organizations with similar purposes, even by participating, where appropriate, on other organizations at a higher level.
- Development and promotion of training, health and safety, quality management, environmental management, corporate social responsibility, the internationalisation of companies and many others of common interest that the General Assembly agrees to establish.
To achieve these objectives, we are interested in developing projects aiming to increase European cooperation to promote entrepreneurship among young people, moving our locally developed experiences and Good Practices to other countries.
AEPI Sabón has developed such projects with more than 700 students from primary and secondary schools in recent years, resulting in several entrepreneurial promotion awards winning.
AEPI Sabón, as the representative of one of Galicia main industrial areas, plays a major role in fostering and disseminating the entrepreneurial culture among young people, not only in its closest territory, but in the whole region.
In this way, for several year AEPI Sabón has been collaborating with Galician Government taking part in a regional program to foster entrepreneurial vocation among secondary education students, receiving every year several schools and groups from all the Galician geography.
AEPI Sabón is also involved with the local schools’ form Arteixo, supporting conferences and meetings, gathering secondary education and vocational training students with established entrepreneurs form the industrial area, including visits to industrial premises, so the students get to know first-hand experiences and benefits of the entrepreneurial activity. It also works with provincial council to promote an entrepreneurial mindset among secondary education all along the province of A Coruña, giving specific management training and creating students’ companies that work and manages like a real one, giving support to the students all along the way of the project.